Woodlands Game Lodge
& Conference Centre
The nature lovers' dream come true: Woodlands Game Lodge fulfills all your expectations of the ideal venue for your wedding...offering you all the
luxuries you need whilst enjoying the wonderful scenic nature surrounding the Lodge.
This African Bushveld retreat is only 35 minutes' drive from Pretoria & 50 minutes from Sandton.
Yours will be a wedding in the closest true game sanctuary to Johannesburg and Pretoria, offering you and your guests an unforgettable and unique experience. You will find the quality and standard of food excellent with attention to detail in everything we do.
Our venue is well constructed to keep you cool in summer and with a large fireplace to keep you and your guests warm in winter. We offer upholstered and comfortable chairs in both the chapel and the reception hall (no plastic).
Why Choose Woodlands Game Lodge?
- We offer one of the best opportunities for your wedding photos in the game reserve, with an optional Photo Safari for the wedding couple to the river/dam, ruins and many other attractive spots in the reserve, including possible wildlife shots (time permitting)
- We do not charge extra for waiters and bar service
- We include free accommodation (Four Star Graded) for 19 guests sharing for Saturday night (meals extra)
- Plus the use of the most romantic, secluded honeymoon suite by the couple for the night of the wedding (spa bath big enough for 2, a view on the mountain, rock pool in front of the door, outside shower.... etc, etc)
- With plenty of extra accommodation in the area - from 4 star to economical self catering - we find that many wedding guests exploit the opportunity to spend a night or weekend in the Bobbejaansberg and bushveld of Northern Gauteng.
We have a list of florists, hairdressers, photographers etc. available if needed.
Venue hire charge:
(including the accommodation as described above, excluding menu costs)
R16 900 all inclusive: venue, chapel, and rooms as detailed above.
Please contact us for your menu requirements, pricing and all relevant information.
During Winter months from May- August: Less R1500
R18 500 all inclusive: venue, chapel, and rooms as detailed above.
Venue Hire Includes the Following:
- Assistance in the co-ordination of the wedding
- The lay-up of the venue (not décor)
- White, black or cream table cloths
- Paper serviettes
- All crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Waiter service
- Bar service at the bar. (Bar service at tables can be organized at an additional cost)
- Cleaning of venue afterwards
- Accommodation included: maximum of 19 guests, sharing
- Honeymoon suite for use by the couple the night of the wedding
- Use of the chapel with red carpet and podium
- Standard furniture and equipment. Please ensure in advance of your wedding that the equipment and furniture meet your requirements. For weddings larger than 100 we normally rent additional chairs, etc. at our own cost.
Not Included in the Basic Venue Hire Charge
- Menu and Catering Costs: Please contact us for your menu requirements and pricing
- Flower arrangements, candles, under plates, and displays
- Décor and drapes
- Musical requirements and sound systems (microphones etc) for reception venue
- Musical requirements and sound systems for chapel
- Priest or minister to officiate at the service, and photographer
- Chair covers, if required. This is not essential, as we do not use plastic chairs
- All beverages
- Special equipment
- Serviette rings, table plans, numbers or name lists
- Welcome drinks to be charged additionally, please discuss your requirements
- Chair covers, chairs for outside weddings, non-standard linen, etc. not included.
(Woodlands Game Lodge will provide you with a detailed list of florists, hairdressers, photographers, etc. that will be able to provide you with a quote for any of above mentioned services.)
Please contact us for optional extras, and the costs of additional services you may want to require for your wedding day.
Some Recent References and extracts from our visitors book:
17 Desember 2016
'Ons sal hierdie geleenheid altyd koester! Dankie dat julle drome laat waar word!! Liefde groete'
- Lize en Jan, en Theo en Hendrina
15/16 Desember 2016
'Die beste trou-venue ooit. Ons kon nie vir `n beter plek of diens vra nie. BAIE DANKIE XXX'
- CJ en Jeanique Kruger
6-8 Augustus 2016
'Ons troue kan beskryf word met een woord: Sprokie. Te danke aan julle het alles soos `n feë-verhaal verloop. Baie dankie vir al die moeite en lekker kos!'
- Rudolf en Sondré Vorster
30 April 2016
'A day to remember, ...everything so well arranged and in place. Didn`t have to stress about a thing, and such amazing memories from Woodlands Lodge.'
- Dale en Alicia Herbst
19 March 2016
'We had a marvellous time. Exquisite venue and very hospitable hosts! Stress free wedding that exceeded our expectations!
- Gustav and Candice
'Wonderlik, baie dankie dat julle ons trounaweek so uitsonderlik gemaak het. Puik ligging, puik diens, puik kos!!'
- Roald en Sharin Vermaak
'Thank you Woodlands for the wonderful venue. We had overseas visitors who were enchanted by the beauty of the place'
- Bernadette Ryan Williams
'Nadat ons na 62 venues gekyk het het ons op Woodlands besluit. Dit is verreweg die skoonste, netjiesste, bes versorgde venue!! Die kos is uitstekend en die natuurskoon is betowerend! Al die gaste het Woodlands gekomplimenteer!'
- Gert en Michelle Lubbe